Preparing Your Equipment To Use After Covid-19 Alert Level 4
After weeks of not using the grease trap, there has been no water flowing through the grease convertor or grease trap and this will have caused some fat, oil, grease (FOG) to congeal. There is a good chance that bacteria has built up around the seals and in the PVC piping.
Here is a simple guide to ensure that you remove all harmful bacteria and breakdown the FOG and get it flowing out. There are many brands of grease converters/traps, these points will cover most types.
- Remove the lid/cover and spray the seals on the lid and the seals on the trap with sanitiser. If you don’t have sanitiser use bleach at the recommended dose rate. Using a face mask, goggles and gloves is recommended.
- Wipe all exposed surfaces with a disposable cloth or paper towel to remove built up FOG and bacteria, then reattach lids and secure tightly.
- Turn on the hot water tap on the sink above the grease converter/trap and run for at least 5 minutes.
- Turn off the tap and pour your recommended bio-active chemical down the sink, double the daily recommendation for the first day.
- Leave the chemical in the drain pipes for at least 30 minutes and then run the hot water again for 5 minutes.
NOTE: If there is a strong odour, you can repeat the dosing of chemical and running water 2–3 times.
If you do not have an automatic dispenser already installed talk to your Southern Hospitality Sales Representative for a solution.
Download a printable PDF of the instructions here.
- EcoWise Grease Buster 5 Litre (HCK446)
- EcoWise Grease Buster Application Bottle (HCK453)
- EcoWise SH4 Sanitiser 2 Litre (HCK445)
- EcoWise SH4 Sanitiser Application Bottle (HCK432)
Disclaimer: Please refer to the operating manual of your equipment as your item may differ.