A Simple Guide To Sous Vide Steak
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- A 1-inch thick steak will take approximately 1 hour to cook.
- Use the juice from the vacuum pouch to make a simple sauce to accompany the steak.
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh herbs
- Set your sous vide water bath to the desired temperature using the chart below with 60 minutes of cooking time per 1-inch steak thickness.
- Season your steak on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place the steak inside a vacuum pouch and add fresh herbs
- Seal the vacuum pouch and submerge completely in the water bath and cook for the desired time.
- Once the steak is cooked, remove from the vacuum pouch and pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the steak and sear on both sides for 30 seconds. Alternatively use a blow torch to create the same effect.
Thanks to the team at Grant Sous Vide for this delicious recipe!
Over 65 years ago, in 1951 and out of one man’s passion for invention, the water bath was created. Grant Creative Cuisine has built a strong track record in quality, reliability, customer-led service and support worldwide. The Grant Sous Vide equipment range has already built up a strong reputation with professional chefs and through this demand, home chefs are choosing the domestic Creative Cuisine range as an everyday kitchen essential.