For almost two centuries, Libbey has been known as the leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of high quality glass tableware. The stemware and tumblers produced by Libbey offer a glassware solution for every foodservice need. Elegance starts with simplicity.
- Libbey collects and re-uses the glass in the factories, so that each glass made starts with a % of pre-consumer recycled glass.
- Libbey glass products are 100% recyclable without loss of quality. Libbey glass is 100 % food safe.
- Libbey glass is not harmful for the environment.
- Libbey's e-commerce packaging material is made of 100% recycled cardboard.
- When working with glass decoration, Libbey prefers to use cadmium/lead free organic inks.
- L1 OPTIMELT furnace installation at Libbey Holland reduced energy & CO2 by the glass melting process with 45 %.
- Libbey Holland's new furnace technology reduces the emissions of Sulphur Oxides with 39% and Nitron Oxides with 55%.
- Strong energy and carbon monitoring per factory by implementing focused energy teams.
- Started the process of replacing company vehicles with electric & hybrid cars.
- Libbey EMEA is on the road to a "paper-free" company via the digitalization of all working processes.
- E-commerce channel banned the use of plastic foil in all the packages.
- Flue gas filtering systems at Libbey's furnace chimneys were installed to minimize the emission of dust into the air.
- Upcycling of current technical parts instead of using new ones.
- Reuse of collected flue gas dust into the batch, to reduce raw material sourcing.
- Libbey celebrates collaborations with companies and brands, committed to circular economy. Currently Libbey Holland is working with a Dutch start-up, that gives glass products a second life, creating sustainable offerings for the end-consumer.
- Libbey Portugal cooperates closely with national environmental and waste entities to promote recycling (packaging, industrial oils, batteries, etc...)
- Libbey continues to embrace the responsibility to social progress by supporting a broad range of organizations through monetary and in-kind product donations, Libbey's matching gifts program and employee giving and volunteerism.
- Supporting a sheltered employment organization for people with disabilities.
- As SEDEX member, Libbey is involved in many social and ethical audits for different customers.
- Libbey is a company that celebrates diversity, racial equality, and social justice.
View our range of Libbey Glassware.