A Delicious Twist on the Classic Chicken Drumsticks
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Hours
- Serves: 2
- 6 chicken drumsticks (skin-on)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 60ºC (140ºF).
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large vacuum pouch together with the honey, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- Remove as much air from the pouch as possible before vacuum sealing.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into your sous vide water bath to cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken drumsticks from the vacuum pouch and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the juices from the vacuum pouch into a medium pan. Warm over a medium heat, adding the flour gradually whilst mixing vigorously. Once the contents have thickened, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sear the chicken drumsticks over a heat for 30 seconds on each side. Once golden, set aside.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a glass baking dish. Coat the chicken drumsticks with the honey and garlic glaze before placing into the oven to cook at 200°C (392°F).
- Once the glaze is sticky, remove from the heat and add the chicken drumsticks to a small plate or serving platter.
Thanks to Arran Roberts and the team at Grant Sous Vide for this delicious recipe!
Over 65 years ago, in 1951 and out of one man’s passion for invention, the water bath was created. Grant Creative Cuisine have built a strong track record in quality, reliability, customer-led service and support worldwide. The Grant Sous Vide equipment range has already built up a strong reputation with professional chefs and through this demand, home chefs are choosing the domestic Creative Cuisine range as an everyday kitchen essential.